POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media : Media Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Media
From: Eric Gundersen
Date: 16 Nov 2000 22:16:05
Message: <3A14A2F2.7A599C3E@flash.net>
Hi,

I'm working on my annual Christmas card, and I'm trying to use media to
simulate a string of Christmas lights.  It looks pretty good so far, but
two questions have arisen:

1)  Are the media effects dependent on the scale of the container?  For
example, if my light bulb is contained by a 5 inch or a 50 inch sphere,
should I expect different results?

2)  Can I have more than one media container in a scene?  I have tried
to surround each bulb with its own container (a sphere),  but it seems
that only one of the containers works.  The rest don't do anything.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Eric